Dependable home and building construction is an integral part of any community. The people who are tasked with constructing the buildings in which we conduct business, educate children, care for the sick, house our families, and live our lives must therefore have access to the education they need to develop strong, sound, reliable buildings. At VCE, we want to encourage motivated learners to pursue careers in building construction. Therefore, we will be offering an annual scholarship to one student per year who intends to pursue education in a field related to building, architecture, and construction in any way.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT WHO CAN APPLY?
VCE is offering an annual scholarship in the amount of $500. Any student who is enrolled in an accredited university, college, vocational or trade school can apply. Proof of enrollment is required.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Please submit an essay of 1000+ words that responds to the following question: What elements of building/design/construction do you consider most important? Consider the ways in which you intend to serve your community through ethical and reliable construction work as well as your personal goals as related to education and career.
- Essay submissions open December 1st, 2021 and close March 31st, 2022.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .doc or .docx file.
- Include “Scholarship Essay Submission” as the subject of your email.
- Non-original essays will be disqualified. This includes essays published online.
- Essays will be judged based on clarity, creativity, and communication of goals and ideas.
- The winner will be announced in January of 2022 and notified via email.