Quick contact info

Victor Construction
Serving the San Francisco and Marin County areas

icon_widget_image (415) 472-9144 icon_widget_image mel@vcesf.com
structural and earthquake engineering in the San Francisco and Marin County Areas
Say Hello


Serving the San Francisco and Marin County areas

Contact Us

Victor Construction & Engineering

7707 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94121

Direct: (415) 472-9144



Mon- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tue- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thu- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fri- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun- Closed

Service Area | Victor Construction & Engineering | California


Frequently Asked

How Do I Know Whether My House Needs Earthquake Improvements?

The earthquake resistance of your home can be partially determined upon the year it was built. Most homes built prior to the 1980’s are in need of improvements to reduce earthquake risk. Some homes built in the 1980’s are also in need of earthquake improvements. Homes built in 1990 or after typically were constructed with earthquake resistive features, but not always. If your home was built on a Hillside, was a custom build or has had any additions it may be in risk of earthquake damage.


If you are unsure whether or not your home was constructed with earthquake resistive features, fill out a seismic retrofit proposal & we will respond promptly! Get the information needed to understand what improvements your home will require to reduce your risk during the next earthquake.

How Do I Know Whether My House Needs Dry Rot Repair?

Dry rot can spread quickly. Of all the timer fungi, dry rot is the most dangerous. It will not only affect the stability of your home, but it’s underlying damp problem needs to be addressed before it costs in structural and ultimately personal health and safety. If left untreated it can cause potentially irreversible damage to the building.

Identifying dry rot

The wood will often feel soft and spongy. Typically a black fungus appears on the infected wood. Having an assessment by a professional is the best way to determine the extent of the dry rot damage.